Enterprise Content Management
Systems for management of the enterprise’s unstructured information - Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
DOCUMENTUM – the world leader in the ECM systems market. The DOCUMENTUM platform is holistic and in the same time flexible enough to answer the rising needs of business clients in respect to information management.
- It works with different document types and files (text documents, engineering designs, XML documents, scanned images of paper documents, audio and video files)
- Manages company documents in all stages of their lifecycle
- Integrates with different information systems (SAP ERP)
- Is used by more than 1400 companies around the world
Functional characteristics of Documentum
- Management of the document creation process by utilisation of means for scanning and recognizing documents
- Collaborative work with documents
- Managing document versions
- Document distribution, regulation and dynamic route determination
- Document multilevel approval procedure;
- Document archiving
- Registration of incoming and outgoing documents
- Control of execution of documents and orders
- Reports creation
- Searching by attribute
Business Management Systems offers the following solutions based on the DOCUMENTUM platform:
- Intra-company document flow (ICDF)
- E-archive of enterprise (EA)
- Contract document flow
- Financial document flow (Outgoing and Incoming invoices) with integration with SAP ERP
The E-archive (electronic archive) allows for the reliable storage of information and easy access in case of search.
The E-archive optimizes resources needed for the archive management and increases the information security of the company.
The E-archive connects the electronic and the paper document and allowing, in most cases, work with the electronic document only.
Benefits and advantages
- Reduction in cost for information storage
- Reliable information storage
- Quick search for archive documents
- Authorized access to archive documents
Financial document flow (outgoing and incoming invoices) with SAP ERP integration
The storage of vast quantities of data is not only expensive but it also affects the system accessibility by lowering the operational characteristics. The management of all this data and access to it can create a lot of problems, especially when the data must be taken out of intensively used databases or from preserved, decommissioned applications.
Business management systems offers solutions based on the DOCUMENTUM platform. By implementing the integration between SAP ERP and DOCUMENTUM, the basic financial accounting documents (contracts, incoming and outgoing invoices, reporting documents etc.), processed in SAP ERP are input and stored in DOCUMENTUM. SAP ERP users can access the electronic images of the documents, which are stored in DOCUMENTUM.
Benefits and advantages
- Reduction in costs
- Process optimization